Technet GalleryTechnet Gallery there are a ton of resources available. At the time of writing the Top 10 Downloads were:
- SCSM CSV Import Wizard: create the XML format file that is needed to use the CSV Connector by providing an easy to use GUI
- Test Lab Guide System Center Service Manager 2012 SP1:
contains instructions for setting up a test lab based on the SC Service Manager 2012 SP1
- Service Manager Data Warehouse Architecture Diagram:
Visio diagram shows the various connectors, ETL jobs, and databases involved in the Service Manager data warehouse
Advanced View Editor 2.0 for SCSM 2012 Free Edition: Advanced View Editor is a tool for taking off limitations of the build-in SCSM editor
- PowerShell Script to Run ETL and Cube Processing in Sequence: will run each of the ETL (Extract-SM, Extract-DW, Transform, Load) jobs for the data warehouse in sequence and then the Deployment and Cube Processing Jobs
- Using Excel to create SCSM 2012 Custom Reports:
custom report by using the OLAP data cubes with excel
- Sample SCSM Report Queries:This .sql file contains sample queries for learning how to query the DWDataMart database to author reports
- Workflow Performance Troubleshooting Queries: query for the current status of subscription workflows
- Create Incident from Service Request and copy various attributes:
copy an existing Incident in Service Manager 2012 and create a new Service Request copying various attributes.
- SCSM Entity Explorer: browse and get information about the classes and objects stored in the SCSM database.
3rd Party Free Apps
There are a lot of third-party apps out there for Service Manager and many provide free apps or cut down versions of the commercial version. This list is not authoritative, but is what I have been able to find so far:
- Xapity Attachments: a better way to manage file attachments on all major SCSM Work Items. Add, remove or open the attachments . Supports Templates.
- Xapity Current Activity displays the current In Progress Activity on Change, Release and Service Request workflows quickly and easily from a simple Console Task.
- Xapity User History: displays the Incident and Service Request History for the Affected User.
- Free SCSM 2012 Dashboard: performance with numerous charts, metrics and analytics
- SCUtils Apply Template Free: reapply a template to an existing work item as well as to a new one
- SCUtils AssignToMe Manual Activity Free: assign manual activities to yourself and supports a multi-select feature
- SCUtils DWMPCreator Free: automate creating XML files and seal them to be able to access DW information
- SCUtils FileAttachment Free: allows downloading a file attachment using a direct link (URL) from the SharePoint-based Service Manager self-service portal
- SCUtils Monitoring for APC UPS: a solution that helps managing APC Smart-UPSTM series
Provided as a free Essentials Pack
- Analytics and Dashboards. A community edition introducing the analytic and dashboard application included with The Suite.
- Auto-Close. Allows you to automatically discover and close various work items in Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- Billable Time. Record the amount of time your analysts have worked on Service Requests, Change Requests, Release Records and Manual Activities.
- Clone User Roles. With just a single task clone an existing Service Manager user role and copy all settings to a new user role.
- Entity Explorer. Browse and get information about the classes, relationships and objects stored in the Service Manager database.
- PowerForm. Lets you start creating a work item and documenting details of a call before you know if it’s an Incident or a Service Request.
- ScsmPx. An open source PowerShell module that includes over 100 complementary commands to allow you to do much more with your PowerShell automation efforts.
- Send Mail. Lets analysts send information or ask questions by e-mail about requests they are working on directly from the Service Manager console.
- SOS Outlook Plugin. Create incidents and service requests and check their status directly from Microsoft Outlook.
- Advanced View Editor for SCSM Free: define advanced criteria, have custom column names, define icons for views and folders
- Advanced Console Search for SCSM: save search queries they created in the SCSM console
- Billable Time for SCSM: allows analysts to record the time they spend working with tickets directly to the appropriate work items
- Clone User Role for SCSM Free: clone any user role that you have created in Service Manager.
- Email Template Tester for SCSM: verify the functionality of notification templates created in Service Manager
- Entity Explorer for SCSM: browse the Service Manager class model and get information about classes, relationships, enumerations and objects in the CMDB
- MPB Maker for SCSM: helps creating management pack bundles (.mpb files)
- Send Mail for SCSM Free: send emails such as questions or informational messages about requests they are working on.
- Update Transfer for SCCM: export and import “Software Update Groups
- Expit S.O.S. Community Edition: platform for the end users to interact with Microsoft System Center Service Manager through the Outlook console
- Expit EnSight Community Edition: Analysis and monitoring platform for events in Service Manager, tailored for IT managers and NOC facilities.
- Action Log Notify: notifying the assigned to analyst and affected user when comments are added
- Advanced Send Email: allows an analyst to send an email to the Affected User or other recipients
- Auto Close: automatically close work items on a specified day and time
- Configuration Manager Ticker: Configuration Manager admins to easily create, and deliver, announcements from the Configuration Manager Console
- Notify Analyst Free: configure all work items to automatically send e-mail notifications to an Analyst
- Remote Mange: toolbox of common remote functionalities needed by an analyst
- Service Desk Ticker: create an announcement within Service Manager and send them directly to an employee’s computer in real time
- Time Tracker: enables an analyst to record the amount of time spent working on other types of work items
- Self-Service Portal: for end users is a complete replacement of the Microsoft Self-Service Portal for Service Manager.